At present, the demand for cartons as packaging boxes in the market is very considerable. Many customers have investment intentions, but don’t know much about what need to prepare for a corrugated box manufacturing plant. Today, I will mainly share the problems that may be encountered in the process of set up a corrugated box manufacturing unit, hoping to help those entrepreneurs who are purchasing equipment and people who are preparing to open the carton factory.
Generally, people who wants to start a cardboard box manufacturing business will ask me the following questions: What box maker machine is needed for a new carton factory? How much labor is required? Is corrugated box manufacturing profitable? Is it cost-effective to build a plant by yourself or to lease it? What is the appropriate size of the plant?
Things need to prepare for a corrugated box manufacturing plant
First, you need to go to the relevant department to apply for the documents and qualifications required for opening a carton factory, such as:
(1) Industrial and commercial office: apply for an industrial and commercial business license;
(2) Health Bureau of the Ministry of Environmental Protection: apply for a health permit;
(3) Taxation Bureau: apply for tax registration certificate;
(4) Other qualification documents required by local laws
2. Venue: First of all, choose a site with convenient transportation, preferably in or near an industrial park, which is convenient for business expansion and can also reduce transportation costs. For the area of the site, if your carton factory purchases cardboard and processes semi-finished products, then the site needs about 300-600 square meters; if your carton factory needs to produce cardboard, then you need a large area. And also set aside storage areas for raw materials, semi-finished products, and finished products.
Generally, to open a carton factory, the places that need to be invested are: factory rent (except for funds built by yourself), carton machinery and equipment costs, worker wages, management costs, working capital, etc.
- corrugated box manufacturing machine
1) Corrugated cardboard production line: 2/3/5/7 layer corrugated cardboard production line, the price is different according to the speed and the width of the cardboard.
2) Carton printing machine: There must be an ink printing slotting machine or ink printing die-cutting machine, manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic. The automatic leading edge high-speed ink printing slotting machine is expensive, but the printing effect is good, the production speed is fast, and no manual operation is required; the manual chain printing slotting machine is cheap and requires manual operation by workers.
3) The carton forming equipment needs to have a box stitching machine or a box folder gluer, which is also divided into manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic. The manual box stapler is the cheapest. The quotations of different carton equipment manufacturers are slightly different. The cost of the box gluer is higher. If the order does not require box glue, it will not be considered for the time being.
4) Other auxiliary equipment:
The paper separator or thin knife machine cuts the cardboard into the factory into the required cardboard size. The functions of these two devices are the same, but the precision paper separation effect is different. If you want to save costs, you can consider starting a paper separator;
Flat creasing machine: It is used to produce cartons of opposite sex, and the cartons with relatively high processing precision.
Packing machine: After the carton is formed, it is packed in bundles, which is convenient for transportation and stacking.
There are also many equipment: wire touch machine, stacking machine, laminating machine and other equipment, customers need to purchase according to their needs.
- Number of workers
A printing press master, a paper delivery master, a nail box master, a packing master, and a general worker can meet the requirements of the production task. There must be good technicians, because skilled technicians, especially printing masters, can not only improve work efficiency, speed of plate placement, and most importantly, print quality. In addition, a small number of sales personnel are needed to open the sales market as soon as possible and create sales performance and profits for the factory as soon as possible.
- Market and customers
At the initial stage of the establishment of the carton factory, customers are looking for customers at price. They need to be trained slowly, and they can be stabilized with a good service attitude and stable quality. After the technology and business are stable, customers can be selected. Customers who remit in a timely manner are left with priority supply, and customers who are not in time for payment and with low demand and complex styles gradually fall backward or even give up.
The gross profit margin of carton factories is generally between 10% and 30%. Different carton factories have different proportions of costs due to differences in raw material procurement, equipment technology, and personnel structure, which ultimately affects product gross profit margin. How to achieve high profit and low cost?
1) Control the purchase cost. The material cost of the carton factory accounts for the vast majority of the total cost. The high is 70% to 80%, and the low is close to 40% to 50%. The focus and source of enterprise cost control start from the procurement cost.
2) Supplier management. Supplier’s selection and admission system. The establishment of reasonable procurement policies, objectives, and selection of ideal suppliers to open up good material supply channels are important conditions for ensuring normal production, reducing material consumption and increasing economic benefits.
Choosing the ideal raw materials, auxiliary materials, and equipment suppliers is very important. If the choice is improper, it will not only affect the supplier’s own interests, but also affect the company’s product quality, cycle, reputation and economic benefits.
Therefore, the selection of suppliers must conduct necessary credit investigations on the other party before signing the contract with the product.